I believe each of us can lead in our area – by seeing the possibilities, sharing the vision, and defining the path.
I sent an e-mail Monday to the leadership of the company, and in the interest of transparency, I want to share it with all of you as well.
Happy Presidents Day.As History looks back on U.S. Presidents, some are presented as good managers, some as great thinkers, but very few are looked on as great leaders. When I think of those that that demonstrated great leadership, I see the following qualities:
1) They understood the possibilities of the moment; a revolution, saving a union, a space program, economic resurgence
2) They believed with every fiber of their being in what they were working toward
3) They provided a clear and direct vision
4) They “Acted”. They did the work, fought the fight, invested the money
5) They believed, failure was not an optionEach of you has been asked to be a part of this team because you are bright and talented. You are also here because I see in you the qualities of great leaders. We are organized in a way that allows and I would suggest demands that you leverage the best of those skills. It is your moment. Provide the vision, Believe and Act!
I wanted to share this broadly, because I believe each of you are bright and talented. Each of you have an opportunity to lead and most importantly make a positive impact on our future. I believe leaders have a responsibility to communicate a clear purpose and to pave the way to do great work. I believe each of us can lead in our area – by seeing the possibilities, sharing the vision, and defining the path. It is OUR moment. Thank you for being part of it.